There was a time when games were gift, gifted to the elite class of the society. Since then time has changed drastically. We are now living in 20th century where every small thing in on the verge of being computerised. Right from a student to a grandfather everyone is surrounded by the loop hole of technology. The market has changed. Earlier, there were no digital games, but, now the scenario has changed. The boring board games have been replaced by online games.
Board games the games which played are on the board. There are different types of board games, while some games are strategy based while other is just based on your mere luck. These games can be played cheerfully with your family and friends.
Some famous types of board games:-
- Chess- It is a game player by two players and the game is strategy board game played on the chessboard. The chessboard has 64 squares arranged in 8*8 grid.
- Ludo- It is also a strategy board game. It requires minimum two players and maximum 4 players. Each player has 4 token and the movement of token is controlled by the number engraved on the dies.
- Snakes and ladders- It is an ancient board game of India. It is played between 2-4 players. The boards have number of ladders and snakes. The aim of the player is to reach the highest square by countering snakes who pulls them down and taking help of ladders. This game is also played with the dies.
Online games are the games which have evolved due to Digitization. There are the types of games which are played in various digital platforms i.e : Computer, mobile phones etc. These games have trounced the traditional board games and are now leading the market.
Some famous types of online games:-
- Real-time strategy game (RTS) – Real-time strategy games often allowed multiplayer play over a modem or local network. Players have to made a strategy, and then beat his/her opponent. Some example of these games are – Age of empires, starcraft etc.
- Multiplayer online battle arena game (MOBA)-A specific sub-genre of strategy video games referred to as multiplayer online battle arena. It gained popularity after 2010. It is an form of electric sports. Some example of these games are- warcraft, league of legends etc
Change in the taste.
As the time has changed the taste of the game lover has changed over a period of time. The board games are considered doomed and boring. People are moving towards digital world where everything is digitalised. The substitute of board game has come in the form of online games. The digital form of board games has come in the market. Making board games graved in the lap of time. So now days the board games have lost its grip among the masses. The online games have come out as a catalyst in the market of games.